It Will Cost You.
After much deliberation, going back and forth, and being overly agreeable, my girlfriend and I finally decided where we were going to go out to eat tonight. The problem wasn't that we could not reach an agreement, it was rather that no one really wanted to make the decision at all. We just wanted dinner, not too expensive, and decent, and neither of us wanted to cook it.
We were ultimately being lazy. We would rather have driven 15 minutes away from home to eat in a restaurant than go to the store and get something to make for dinner. Believe me, we thoroughly discussed the idea of just cooking at home, and after we threw out several ideas we decided that we would just meet somewhere with the kids and eat dinner.
It took us about a half an hour or more to come to our decision. We discussed it as I drove home from work, we discussed it after I got home, and we finally decided about 15 minutes later. Yeah, we were being total chicks about the whole thing. Talking about it, changing our minds, then deciding again.
Okay so we got there. Sat down. Ordered. They all got cheeseburgers of some sort, I was adventurous and got some teriyaki rice bowl thing. Their burger and fries showed up along with my bowl thing, and man, did I feel like I had the diet plate. A whole bunch of veggies, squash, broccoli, carrots, rice, a few pieces of chicken in this bowl with some sauce on it. They sat there eating their fries dipped in ranch dressing, and I ate my diet bowl. The bowl was much like one of those frozen dinner entrees one can get at the grocery store, it had about as much flavor as the box it probably came in.
I ate a bit, then pretty much gave up, and munched on leftover fries. My friend ordered the mushroom burger, there was way more mushrooms than burger which really grossed me out because I truly in my heart despise mushrooms. There were so many mushrooms on it, that it made the bun soggy so she just ate the mushrooms and the patty. Her daughter's burger let out a loud moo when she bit into it, it was sent back for more heat treatment. My daughter ate half of her burger and was full.
We got the bills, we had seperate checks, but all told it was about $50.00. My friend said on the way out, "We just spent $50 on french fries! And that doesn't include the tips we gave." And she was right, they were the only good thing we got for the most part. I said, "Never again. We have got to stop eating out, it's just a huge waste of money!"
Seriously, the Stouffer's Salisbury steak dinner I ate the last 2 nights in a row was better, and those things only cost me about $3.00 each. Yeah. I should have done the math ahead of time. Anyway, I'd rather not eat out so much then go out to a nice place once in a while instead.
So yes, we spent a lot for our laziness tonight. I've got to remember not to be so lazy in the future. Note to self: Buy more Stouffer's dinners, fill freezer.
No comments:
Post a Comment