My Continuing Angst.
I've had it up to my head. I despise insurance companies for the crooked beings they are. We haven't heard a single thing from our insurance company about our car, it's going on a month now since my husband had his accident.
My friend notifies me that a co-worker's daughter had an accident in Wy. about the same time, totalling her car, her car has already been replaced, the whole process took maybe 2 weeks at most. I have not yet received a return call from our so called adjuster about anything at all. We finally gave up and called the 1-800 number and had a customer service representative tell us what was going on. Good thing we did because we found out they were going to have the car towed the next day, gee, thanks for letting us know.
That was the last we heard about anything at all. We've received no other information from our insurance company, which is actually supposed to be a good company, but I'm getting a little worried. (Here I go with the worrying--gah!)
Not to bring up the past or anything, but some might recall that at this time last year I was in a car accident which was no fault of my own, I was rear ended by two people while sitting in traffic, and our big gigantic sturdy truck was bent all to heck. It sits dog legged on the side of our house waiting, waiting for the insurance companies to do something to rectify the situation. I mean really, contrary to popular belief, we don't just give them many hundreds a year to just do nothing. They made a bargain, but are not noble enough to hold up their end of it, it is truly shameful.
Don't get me started on health insurance, oh, what the heck. We pay $235/month for health insurance, we have a $1000/per family deductible per year. We've come just shy of the deductible thanks to an e.r. visit for stitches, and a couple of doctor office visits. We'll be paying for that ourselves I suppose. Not to mention we've forked out nearly $2000 to the insurance company for "coverage." That brings our whopping total to $3000 that we will pay this year, not to mention that brief period of time when we didn't have any health insurance, and accrued some bills. Given the $3000 dollar total, what has our insurance company actually paid? $10/month for my prescription, I pay $38 for it. That's it.
Okay, so tell me again why we have health insurance? I know I know, just in case we have a big, big cost. As my dad says, "they bet you won't, you bet you will." Sure, with a child with a blood disorder, it's worth the cost for us to pay for it to protect us in the case of a hospital stay, or something else. It just sort of burns my butt, and I'll tell you why, because I know people who don't pay squat for their own health care, we pay for it. These same people have birthed a child a year for the last 3 years, all on the taxpayer dime.
You know what else, my husband and I work hard. We work our asses off. He's freezing his balls off in Wyoming working on a rig to make enough money to put us in a better financial position in life, and the government sees fit to take the bounty of his blood, sweat and tears and give it to someone else. Someone undeserving. I'm running around here like a chicken with my head cut off trying to keep up with a house, a child with special needs, my own job which is physically demanding, I'm going to school, and paying with it with, GASP, our own money, and I'm tired of watching shiftless bums ride the system for all it is worth. I'm tired of it people.
My dad the optimist says, "be thankful you have health insurance, be thankful for what you have, be thankful you have the money to pay to taxes." I get the concept. I am thankful, I just can shake the resentment, and I know it is wrong to carry it. I sit here thinking what am I some kind of greedy penny pincher? Is it so wrong to want to leave an inheritance to our own child? What's left after we pay for the rest of society's freeloaders? What do we get to keep?
I'm going to keep going to spite the mooches of the world. I'll keep working, I'll keep improving so I can make more, I will reluctantly give through taxation, but I will never agree with it, and I will never think it is right. I will most certainly not vote for any party that wants to give more of my money to pay for the bad choices of other people.
There, that's my angst, I'm letting it out. I'm trying to move on from here. Some things we just can't control or help.
No comments:
Post a Comment