Sunday, October 15, 2006

Quick Post

No Time For This Bit Here.

Been slaving away with hubby cleaning out the garage. It was bonding over boxes. It looks so much better. I have to study, actually, finish a "comprehensive" problem that is due on Tuesday. Hubby will be taking my beautiful new car to work this week, it is the best solution to our little problem of his car being all smashed up and all. I'm pretty much on a mini vacation right now so, I'll be hanging at home, which means I will more than likely have more than enough time to write about all sorts of things like, why some women like to stalk me, what falling off the wagon really means, and how altogether blessed we are as a family.

Sure some people might not think totalling two cars in less than a year means one is blessed, but we don't agree, at least we had the cars, and walked away. This would be a good time for a smelly old Corsica update. I would like to report that the Corsica and its new owners are getting along wonderfully. In fact, the last time I saw her, the lady we gave it to that is, she told me if it weren't for that Corsica, she would not have been able to go to her father's funeral out of state. Of course I think they were lucky the car made such a journey, but I tell you those things make up in dependability what they lack in appearance.

Just go to any town in America, and I guarantee one will find at least one fully operational Corsica that was made in 1990 or so. Sure most of them have at least one door that is a completely different color from the rest of the car, and there is always the common polka dot pattern of paint chipping on the hood, not to mention the strange shredded appearance the back seat seems to take on, but the thing will be running. Ugly or not, smelly or not people are still driving those things. Frankly, I get rather excited when I see one running. Every once in a while I see a fine specimen with barely any of the above, and it is quite a wonder to behold.

Of course the self conscious Corsica drivers don't quite understand my staring in admiration, but being the friendly sorts that usually drive Corsicas they don't take my gawking too seriously. Perhaps I was a little too zealous in my desire to give the Corsica away. Heck, she's running still, and I'm toying with having to rent a car eventually if the insurance company doesn't get a move on. My husband and I are sticking to our resolve that we are not going to worry, we are just going to deal with things as they come.

Given my history of worrying about anything and everything it has been tempting to go to there, to the comfortable fretting place that I usually exist in, but I'm just not going to allow myself that. I'm going to have faith. I'm going to be grateful and thankful for what I have right at this very moment. There is still a Corsica driver in me, and for goodness sakes if I ever learned anything it is, Corsica drivers DO NOT Worry. Period.

2 comments: