No Time For Titles.
How incredibly lazy. I know. It's like turning the heat up when the house gets a chill, instead of putting on warmer clothes first. Ok, I'm over it. I just had to bring it up one last time. I promise to never bring it up again.
To date I am holding an "A" in my class. I got a 96 on the first test, and a 91 on the test that stressed me out all last week. It was so difficult to find the time to get ready for that one, but I somehow pulled that one out of my shoe.
Hubby is home. I love it when he's home. I miss him dearly when he is gone, but I always know that it is just a week at a time. He's a good man. The man has guts. I'm serious. The Marine Corps lost when they let him go. I'm glad he's not in the Corps anymore. We're making a lot more money now, and we can settle in, and frankly, no wife wants her hubby to go off to war. He served 13 years, that was apparently enough.
Why am I bringing up that old trash you wonder? Well, one of the younger Marines he used to work with, I'll call him Sgt. P, called the other day. Sgt. P is picking up Staff Sergeant, the rank my husband was repeatedly denied for promotion, which ultimately led to him being "forced out" and, he wants my hubby to make the 10 hour drive there to pin it on him. I remember when my husband would talk about how people would feel really honored if someone asked them to pin them. It is an honor.
Sgt. P. said to me, "wow, I really owe it all to your hubby, he taught me everything." I suppose that might be true, he did really look up to my husband, I do remember that. He always said my husband taught him so much about being a sergeant of Marines, and it's true, my husband has a certain leadership quality about him, he is often the center of attention in any room, or group, people tend to look to him for guidance. The man still calls my hubby Sgt. Which my husband laughed about. It's been 3 years since he left, he's put it behind him, he told me as much.
The thing is, Sgt. P. is still very much in the whole thing, my husband has had to let all that go and move on, he's so over it. He let it all go. I do notice though he kept some of the better traits he developed in the Corps, which is great, I could live without all the cursing though. I've met many former Marines who have gone on to be wildly successful at something else, and my husband is already on a new path where he is doing great things.
Sure it is an honor to be asked, I'm sure my husband is flattered by it. Will he make the drive? I'm just not sure about that. It would depend on several different factors. Bittersweet is a word quite befitting in this situation. I'm glad Sgt. P. is picking up the rank. The guy will be eligible to retire now, and that is a good thing. The military retirement, if the gov. doesn't go about jacking it all up is a very good deal, probably one of the best out there for the working man.
I guess we will have to wait and see. Thanks for listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment