Monday, August 07, 2006

I Was In A Rut

But Now I'm Just Annoyed.

A spider just ran up the screen of the monitor. My two week depression continues. I have had fights with my husband, my brother, my supervisor, my best friend, who is also my hair stylist, two major corporations, and well I've just about had enough. I swear it's not me. I truly believe it is not I with the problem.

The little spider continues to run around the screen, and I have a list of people and things that I am just freakin over. Over I say. Heck I've taken on huge corporations in the past week. I'm over them too. What did I get for my troubles? A bait and a switch and now a stupid dish on top of my house. I feel really suckered on that one.

It was supposed to be some package deal thing. Get the phone, internet and direct t.v. for certain low prices. Sure, I'll try it. Phone got turned on-check. Internet thingy came in the mail-check. Guy came out and installed dish thingy-check. Only after he installed the darn thing in 3 rooms did he come to me with the phone and say, "this lady wants to talk to you."

I answer the phone, and on the other end is a woman with a distintively Indian accent telling me that the package I signed up for is no longer available, and would I like this other package that cost $30 more a month. "Umm, no. I would like the package that was offered to me when I signed up for your junk." Long story short, she refused to honor the deal--after all the stuff had already been installed in, on and atop my house. Not a good start to what is supposed to be a loving relationship if you ask me. What could I do? Well I'll tell you what I could do, instead of yacking with that woman on the phone, I should have been telling the technician to uninstall the stuff, but at that point I hadn't realized just how screwed this company was.

Dumb thing I did was accept the stupid thing. That was a big mistake. I was trying to be nice to the man who was sweating profusely from installing that junk in near 100 degree heat. It wasn't his fault I told myself. Well, I was just plain wrong. Once I realized the bait and switch had happened I should have said, get this shit off my house. The guy leaves, I'm still arguing with the woman on the phone. Finally, I take some other thing which is $48+/month instead of the $39/month they promised me to begin with. Thing is I could have gone with cable. I'm really not this cheap, I swear I'm not, but cable, internet and all these things add up monthly, I was offered a fairly decent deal, which in the end was not honored at all. Dang it, it was the principle of the thing anyway. The whole thing seemed very shady.

Hubby comes home, he goes to install the internet thingy that came in the mail a few days earlier, and after multiple tries is still unable to install the thing. It seems the dish dude had run it through the phone line somehow and that was probably interfering with the internet thingy, but the thing could have been broke even, we don't know, and the phone company told my husband it would be $100 for them to come out and take a look at the thing. Ridiculous. My husband knows his way around a computer well enough to know there was something wrong and it wasn't his installation process.

That was it. And when I say it, I meant it. First I called the dish t.v. people and said, I would like to have this thing uninstalled, and I will no longer be using the service, that I am massively disappointed with the company up to that point, and have decided I would happily do without being ripped off. "We don't uninstall the things ma'am, we just put it up there, you need to go on your roof and figure out how to get the thing down, and what to do with the 300 feet of wires we ran all over the back of your house." At least that's ultimately what they were telling me.

"What do you mean you don't uninstall the thing, how am I supposed to know how to do that? If I knew about all this stuff don't you think I wouldn't have needed a technician to install it. That's the final straw, your company sucks I never want anything to do with direct dish t.v. ever again. Seriously. You all really suck." Which is ultimately what I told them after I asked to speak to a supervisor to voice my concerns, I was summarily disconnected. Yep, hung up on. I called back and was treated sarcastically and rudely by the next person as well, but at least she did cancel the service for me. Yes, the stupid dish thing is still sitting on top of my house. Seriously, how am I to get that thing down?

Well, we will get it down eventually, but it's a shame and a horrible reflection of that company. I will never even consider having one of those things again. Oh, and while I'm at it, I called the stupid phone company who sold me this craptacular package with the direct t.v. and the internet thingy and told them to take their internet and shove it straight up a place that polite people never speak of. They could not understand my disappointment, and that I would be frustrated that they set me up this crappy service, and wanted to charge me $100 to come and fix the junk they sent. The phone lady even threatened me that I was going to have to pay $200 to get out of the "service" to which I laughed and said, "oh yeah right, like hell I am, and go ahead and cancel my phone service too then, I don't need it, I do have 4 cell phones anyway." Somehow she suddenly decided to change the tune and say, "oh, I made a mistake, you won't be billed that $200 because you cancelled within the first 30 days..."

We ended up going with the cable afterall. It's all set up, and I am so glad we did. Yes, it sucks that they put that stupid dish on top of our house and refused to get it down, but at least I'm not paying them any money each month. I'm really not as unhappy and angry as I sound. I swear I'm not. I am however a person who has to be pushed really hard to be made so angry. I'm the type of person who doesn't say anything when my order is screwed up. I just take things as they come. These people pushed me to the point that I want absolutely nothing to do with their companies. I'm so over satellite dishes. And I'm off to bed now. I'm pooped.

1 comment: