Friday, June 30, 2006

Things To Go

People To Do and Places To See.

Yah. I'll be back dudes. Whenever. Got a lot of stuff to do. Yah, I know, we're all busy, what makes me so special? Sure I know professional bloggers never miss a beat, they are always up with the chickens getting stuff done, but you know popularity has it's price, I'm sure instapundit guy doesn't just slack off whenever he feels like it. Since this site is decidedly not popular, I don't think those rules really apply to me so I'll be back when I darn well feel like it.

About a month ought to do it. By then we should be done signing our life away, moving all of our crap out of storage, putting it back in the house we lived in less than a year ago, and hopefully getting on with our lives quite well. That's some sort of wicked twist of fate or something. Sure buying a house we already lived in sort of takes the excitement out of it in a way, I mean it's sort of like, hey have a look around, oh wait, you've already been over here twenty different times and pretty much nothing has changed. Hey, it's our new house, we already lived in it, but it's new now because we don't pay $800 in rent anymore, now we pay $1150 to a mortgage. What the, are we dumb?

Oh did I tell you? The house we are buying is daddy in law's house, the one we rented from him, well he decided to sell it, and hubby and I decided to buy it. We liked living there, it was a cute little house. I forgot I deleted over a years worth of stuff when I killed the blog in a bout of bipolar disorder, somewhere in all that mess was the story of how daddy in law broke up with his darling German girlfriend who WE adored, and how he decided he wanted his house back, so we obliged and moved out. Now daddy in law is girlfriend less and wants nothing more than to sell his house, so we are going to buy it.

You know that show, what do you get for the money on HGTV? Well, here's what we got, you're going to shit. Now we looked around for months, well I did, hubby basically said "let me know when you narrow the freakin list down a bit, I hate shopping, and you know that." In our price range, 150k there are a lot of fixer uppers, we visited one in the $130k price range and it literally smelled funny, had about 5 different types of carpet in the span of 7 rooms, the siding was melted on the back of the house, and the house was obviously painted by a very sick woman with horrid taste in colors, styles and borders. It was awful, did I mention it smelled?

Then we found out dad in law was selling. Now his is a bit older house, built in the 70s. Here are the selling features of THE house, corner lot, brand spanking new furnace, newer water heater, roof replaced in 1999, fresh paint, newly remodeled bathroom/laundry room, new carpet downstairs, lovely brick patio, three bedroom, two bath tri-level. I just realized I missed my calling as a real estate agent.

The house is cute even if it is really small. It's built well, and has few things wrong with it. It needs some new gutters, or to at least have them fixed/patched. In this drought that's not too much of a big deal, we can do that. The cost is high, but we're not going to find anything better for the price. People are selling stinky houses with absolutely no up keep for 130. Anyway, we're buying it, we like the house, and we enjoyed living in it. We're lucky in a way, most people don't get to live in the house before they buy. We stayed right in our price range of 150, for you nosey peeps who are like, "just tell us how much dang it!"

With that said, I've got a lot of stuff to do in the next few weeks. I'm trying to get stuff ready to move, plus it's summer so we've been going swimming just about every night, and it has always been difficult for me to have time to get on the computer since we moved in with family. I'm just so grateful to my parents for putting up with us the last 8 months, they helped us immensely, even still I can't wait to get the hell out of here we all need our own space, and I'm positive that they can't wait either.

But let me tell you this, I've got such a rant stirring within me about freaking snotty old people. I'm fed up with them. Seriously, it's not enough that we have to fund your freakin retirement as you sit in your paid off houses which were actually affordable, no you have to get annoyed that there are children in the pool, how about showing some respect huh? These kids are going to be paying for your drugs, your monthly social security check, and then some, while you retire in your life of luxury in your paid off affordable house, and with the savings you had from not having to pay 50% or more of your income to taxes your WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE. Not to mention all they are going to pay for the rest of society's sponges. Let the kids swim in the pool without you scowling and throwing a tantrum. You owe them.

Yeah. I'll be back.

1 comment:

  1. Bar codes, ha! bite me, stop lying, go away.

    Plumas thank you, but I'm not going to buy you starbucks for saying so.

    ReplyDelete