Sunday, April 23, 2006

Random Thoughts

As Usual.

Mr. Conner has been missing for almost 2 weeks. He made a break for it one night. We've worried about him. Tonight he returned home, he is skinny and stinky, but pretty much all right. He's eating and getting some luvin's here and there. I wiped him down with a warm wet wash cloth, he didn't seem to mind. He smells like motor oil, he's probably been hiding under people's cars. His little white paws aren't white any more, they're grey. He'll clean up eventually I suppose.

My brother, who is 8 years younger than me, confessed that when he was a little shit assed kid he thought it would be funny to hide under my bed and grab my feet when I got home. I would have been a teen ager then. He waited under the bed, and when I finally came in he had lost his nerve, and thought it wouldn't be nice to scare the crap out of me. He said he then had to wait until I went to sleep to sneak out because he knew if he came out it would scare me. And it would have, I've always been a huge chicken.

I got a little nervous as he told the story, I thought he might say I did something like made out with my boyfriend or something. He said I just came in and went to sleep. Whew.

Of course his little prank reminded my sister of the time that she and my best friend went in and tacked all of my underwear to the ceiling in my room. My sister was always the sneaky one, she acted so prissy, but she was always in trouble for something, and worse, she would get caught, and try to lie her way out of things. Good thing she's grown into a person of great moral character now, we were a bit worried at times. Haha, she'd be so mad if she read that, but she never reads my blog, so I think we're all right. She's a blond again now, so most of this will be over her head anyway.

My father climbed a 6 foot privacy fence to rescue Mr. Conner, he then climbed back over the fence with the cat. He's going to be 65 this year. They don't make them like that anymore. Dad was a hero. I thought about all the things my dad has endured, and survived, and all he has accomplished, and thought wow, he's tough. Of course, my mom was every bit a part of much of it. She's the one who put him through college. She's always supported him and cared for him. She used to send him packages when he was in Vietnam, she would pack them with popcorn. Real popcorn, which she no doubt cooked on the stove. She keeps him calm, and in line. He does anything she asks of him. She never lets him miss a meal, and packs his lunch everyday for work.

When they first married they were so poor at times they ate nothing but pancakes, with syrup made from scratch. I can't imagine. They have worked hard their whole lives and have never taken hand outs from anyone. My dad still works full-time. I don't know when he plans to retire. My parents pay way too much in taxes. It's a crime how much the government takes from them. My dad drives an old car ('79) back and forth to work. They could buy a new one, but think the one they have is just fine for now. It doesn't have high mileage on it, about 70,000. It sat in a barn for years, it was my grandmother's car.

Hubby comes home tomorrow. This week went fast. I'm glad he'll be home so we can cuddle a lot and fall all over each other. We usually do that the first couple of days, then we settle down a bit. I miss him a lot when he's gone, but honestly, we spend more quality time together now then we did when he was doing the 9-5 grind. People can't imagine how that could be, but it's so much easier when he has the whole week off. I try to time my days off with when he is here, so it works out pretty good.

Right now we are just taking things as they come. This is all so new to both of us. He's liking it all right, he wants to see how things can go for him in his new field. We've discussed the idea of the family moving up there. As it stands right now, he's driving 8 hours each way to get home and back to work. That's a really long drive for him after a long week. Plus it's a lot of miles on his car. The only problem is, I have a good job myself here. I'm pretty sure it would be difficult to replace. Sure what I do I could do there, but I'm not sure it would be so easy to transfer, and I love my job here, and my co-workers, and I make pretty decent money, we'd be giving up my income, and the flexibility that my job offers, which will be really hard to find again. I work part-time and I'm able to maintain things while he is away because of that.

He worries a lot about the wear and tear on his car, but with our combined incomes we could buy a new car every few years if we needed to. He really just has to get 5 years out of his. I will easily get 10 out of mine because I don't drive that much. If we moved up there, he still would not see us during his work week, but the kiddo and I would just be sitting up there all by ourselves. A lot of big decisions to be made indeed. We'll just have to wait and see.

Well, at least I didn't write about how tired I've been, and how everyday I've come home from work and proceeded to snore very loudly on the couch. Oops, I guess I just did. I will definitely spare the oh my gosh my allergies are going wild bit. But they are. It's awful. I'm so allergic to this state.

Ho hum. I'm off to bed. Maybe I'll have something important and interesting to talk about tomorrow. I can't imagine what would change, but who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment