And Pitsy Dootsy.
Driving in the car, I was suddenly struck with a memory from childhood, "I used to have one of those monkeys with the yellow chest, black arms and legs, and plastic face, hands and feet, and I even had a special song I used to sing to my monkey." I told my brother, who thought the last bit was funny. "Do you want to hear the song I used to sing to it?"
Of course, he did. So I began, "Like a rhinestone monkey..." and I laughed at what a dorky kid I was. Yes, I did sing Rhinestone Cowboy to my monkey. But what came next is what really made me laugh, my brother confessed that he had an imaginary friend named, Pitsy Dootsy. He said, "I've never told anyone about it before."
And so as promised, it's on the blog. Pitsy Dootsy? He refused to tell me what Pitsy looked like, but I envision a hat with a propellor on it, striped shirt and mork from ork pants, perhaps a feather boa somewhere in there to mix things up a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment