Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Baby

Kitten Tales.

Our daughter brought home a kitten.  No one really likes to hear kitten tales, but I like to tell them.   He was rather small, and still is.  In fact, we're not even sure he's actually a "he" it's too hard to tell yet. 

Everyday he makes new discoveries.  The first day he hissed at everyone, pets and people included.  The next day he only hissed at the dog.  The day after that he didn't hiss at anyone.  He still does the Halloween cat and hissing anytime he meets a new creature. 

He has discovered he can run out the door when someone is going in or out of it.  He's extremely small, about the size of my shoe, so it's quite easy for him to get out.  Yesterday he tested his new skills repeatedly to the point I tired of trying to catch him before he escaped into the bushes so I just avoided opening or closing the door for several hours until he forgot about this new talent. 

He found out that the big orange male cat has very little patience or use for his energetic little ball of gray fluffy self.  He also found that the big orange cat will bat him in the head when he tries to nuzzle in said cats belly.  "I ain't your momma kid" /fwap fwap. 

Tonight he was quite entertained by watching me move a pen back and forth on the desk for the sheer enjoyment of the sound it makes when it moves. 

I'm enjoying this little guy (or girl).  He may end up being named "Kitty!!" because as of yet we can't decide on a name.

No comments:

Post a Comment