Saturday, February 07, 2009

I Knew It!

I'm Not Lazy!

I just like taking naps. I have always loved a good nap, and frankly I've been dealt a lot of guff over the years for my nap taking. It started with my grandfather being appalled when we went to visit one summer, and I got up in the afternoon and went and took a nap. I was about 16 years old and I remember him standing in the doorway of the room saying, why are you in bed in the middle of the day, I haven't taken a nap since I was 2 years old! Naps are for babies!

Well I guess to his generation, a generation that survived the Dust Bowl, someone being so delicate as to require a nap in the middle of the day seemed lazy. Heck in his day I would have been out at least pulling weeds in the garden!

However, I've read time and again that naps are beneficial. Naps are good. I am a believer because I know how much better I feel after a nap. It's just miserable fighting through an afternoon when my brain is in a fog. Oh I muddle through, I get by without one, but on those days where I can get one that sweet savory moment of drifting off to sleep is so wonderful. Naps are such a great stress reliever, everything seems better after a nap. Get one people!

Link found at Tinkerty Tonk which has a whole new spiffy look, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment