Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What I Want To Know

A Simple Question.

So, our new leader would like to release all of the detainees at Gitmo his first week in office. Surely this would warrant a top-ten list of where to send the newly freed terrorists. Where will they go? Will they be sent back from whence (neat word, whence) they came?

I had a few ideas, but I don't think they would be popular. I say they should be evenly distributed amongst the members of Congress neighborhoods, given a map and sent on their way. Harsh! I know. I don't think the math would work out on that idea anyway.

Most likely they will be dropped, preferably with no parachute, back into their home countries. Air Mail! Perhaps they could be all sent to Chicago, repentant terrorists and all. Why not?

Where does one send a newly freed enemy combatant? I really don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:32 PM

    I was worried about that, too. But apparently, they're going to ship them to supermax facilities in Colorado, etc., to be subject to US proceedings. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete