Thursday, January 08, 2009

I'll Be Working on the Railroad

Sing Along Now!

I'll be working on the railroad
And so will you, and you, and you.
We'll all be working on the railroad.
All the live long day.

It's time for the change we seek
So let's get busy on that railroad
And fix the economy!
It's the only way!

The End.

Uh, yeah. Sorry about that. It's just been in my head all morning since I watched Obama's speech about the economy. Going to create 2 million jobs he says! Infrastructure, wind mill's, and making cars that are unaffordable for most people sounds like a plan...

Hey politicians, here's a clue, CUT TAXES!!!!!!! Can I emphasize this enough? I mean really. CUT TAXES............CUT TAXES............CUT TAXES..........

It is at this time that I sadly announce that my husband paid more in TAXES than I made last year....ponder that for a moment....just ponder it.

The economy is in the shitter, and they are talking about "saving" it by coming up with programs that will inevitably raise our taxes. Spend money? I don't think so! What money? Seriously, what money?

Soooo, the plan is the government is going to build a bunch of new roads and bridges "infrastructure" which is going to cost taxpayer money, but it will be all fine and dandy because people will be getting jobs building these things when the government contracts out the work. And guess who these construction companies will hire....just take a wild guess. It won't be those people who just lost their jobs in retail. It just won't.

The only way to bring financial relief to the American people is to cut taxes, stop taking so much of our money! I'm just saying.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:50 AM

    What money? Didn't you hear they are just going to print more? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The are going to try what didn't work last time. Maybe it will work this time?

    We live in hope.

    ReplyDelete