Monday, December 01, 2008

I Has a Coffee

And Other Distractions.

The day started without me. I woke up late, was supposed to be up much earlier, frantically woke my daughter up to get ready for school, we warmed up the car enough to get the frost off the windows, and took off. Got to school and no one was there. We sat in the car puzzled as can be, wondering where everyone was. Then, through the miracle of text messaging got a text from daughter's classmate saying, school doesn't start until 10:00 am.

Why? Why? Why? We asked, but the message was not forthcoming. The kid didn't know why. I could not imagine what would make a delay in the starting of Monday, but for some reason school has been delayed. So, I turned the car around, and we headed home, stopping at the nifty Starbucks that has a drive thru on the way.

Now, I has a coffee, and maybe my brain will work better. Well, daughter is getting off easy today, since we live a good 20-30 minute drive from school, I don't plan on going back. Now, normally I would, but I have to take her out early today for a doctor appointment, so it seems silly to make that trip 3 times in one day even if gas is only $1.69/gal right now.

So, I told her she would just have to stay home rather than spend 3 hours at school. I have stuff to do at home today before we head to the doctor, so all that driving, about 3 hours worth, doesn't seem to make sense.

In the mean time, I need to absorb more of this coffee, and take a shower. It's a simple life I lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment