Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Da Funk

Where I've Been.

I am so sorry for not posting anything lately. It is not that I haven't thought about it, it is more that I've just been in a sort of funk lately. My posting now is not a sign that the malaise is gone, just that my friend, the bossy one that reminds me of Peppermint Patty that I call, "sir" basically told me she is sick and tired of coming to this page and finding nothing and that I should post something soon. She went on to remind me lest I had forgotten that I had not posted anything since October 3.

She knows I've been in a cruddy mood lately, and she's been patiently waiting for my blues to pass. Her mood hasn't been all that great lately either, but that's just because since she has been driving her dad's van while her Dodge is in the shop having major repairs she's gone all stressed out career/soccer mom on me. She's doing the supermom thing and I applaud her for that. I drove to McDonalds today for lunch, I was wearing my orange pajama bottoms and a white tee-shirt, with NO BRA, I did at least put shoes on.

I was extremely frustrated that I had to sit at a few traffic lights because all I wanted to do was get home, and back to my HGTV and Fox News. After I ate I marched myself upstairs and went straight to bed. I slept with my husband's shirt snuggled against my face and was quite content until my daughter showed up and started laughing at me for cuddling with her dad's shirt. I told her I miss him and leave me alone with the shirt so I can continue my nap in peace, but she started tugging at the shirt which soon led to a wrestling match in which I exclaimed, "Why can't you just leave me alone with daddy's shirt, I just want to hold it!" Which made her laugh and tug even more until finally I got out of bed and she forgot the shirt.

Then I quietly took the shirt back to bed where I snuggled with it again and slept just a little while longer until some screaming brats outside woke me up for good. I needed to get up anyway.

I feel like I wasted the whole day, but I am starting to perk up some now. I hope the funk has passed. I don't know what the source of it was, and I wouldn't want to talk about it anyway. I think it is the weather changing, I haven't been spending as much time outside.

All right, probably a disappointing post, but at least a post at this point.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:17 AM

    I understand the funk. I'm just starting to come out of one myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete