Let 'em eat cake.
All right, I know I should be cleaning. I can easily look around and see that, and I will eventually get around to doing a household chore at some point today. It will probably happen sometime around four o'clock this afternoon when I finally start feeling the crunch to get something done before the sun goes down, and after I have had a nap.
There, I started a load of laundry, happy now? I registered for school yesterday. I'm taking 11 credit hours. I keep telling myself, although I have doubts, "Just keep going." And that is what I am going to do. I will just not entertain the little voices telling me it is too hard, or that I can't do it, and I will just keep going, one semester at a time. I reached the awful conclusion that by the time I finish, I will be over 40 years old. This did not sit well with me at all. I imagined myself at 40 sitting down for an interview for an entry level position in my field and competing against a bunch of 24 year olds, and I got scared. Then I started to feel dumb, and wonder if I should bother.
Then I started thinking, so what? Just keep going. So, I will. Now, I just have to come up with the money for tuition and books. One semester at a time. Prepare for emotional upheaval as I juggle homeschooling, school, work, and laundry. My family is spoiled. They are not used to me delegating chores out, but I am going to have to if I am going to do this, and the truth is, I should have put some fire under some butts a long time ago. I'm tired of doing all of the housework. I know those darn dogs could do more to help out around here. Sure, they are experts at cleaning out the cat box, but I need more than that. Those cats can fold laundry if they really tried and worked together.
All right, enough kookiness for one post.
But then there's this: if you don't finish, you'll still be 40 years old.
ReplyDeleteYou'll be all right. Just take a couple of deep breaths now and then.
That's true isn't it?
ReplyDelete