Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Happenings

Stuff.

It is so hot here lately. We broke 100 the last two days in a row, and it was in the upper 90's prior to that. Hot and dry, hot and dry. I long for the sound of rain, for the feel of it in the air. I know it is completely pointless to complain about the weather, but I can't help it, my grass is dying and that is frustrating. I water every evening, it does no good. I got up this morning it was in the 90's already, my grass was bone dry. It was so hot, I almost felt like the grass could just go up in flames. My yard looks absolutely horrible. Oh well, there are worse things I guess.

Everything is wilted. Thank goodness for the little window a/c we have downstairs. I spent most of the afternoon downstairs because it was the only place to cool off. I actually watched t.v. I rarely watch t.v. other than Fox News in the morning before work. There was nothing on at all.

The good thing about this dry air is it cools down nicely in the evening as soon as the sun starts to creep over the mountains I start to come to life. That is when I want to be outside. I probably shouldn't be such a willing victim for the mosquitoes, we have had cases of West Nile here, but I can't help it. I take my chances. They are bothersome, but they are not too awful bad because it has been so darn dry, so water hasn't been able to pool up many places, like in the numerous tires across the street in the junk yard for instance.

Of course, I can't complain, we've got a messed up truck on the side of our house that sometimes has a pool of water in the bed. Update: I have still received nothing from the insurance companies of the people who hit me. Nothing. I can't talk about it. Perhaps one day someone will do something honorable and compensate me for the truck that worked fine until their drivers smashed it up. We're going on 2 years now.

Nothing much else going on other than my cat is starting to talk to me, in English! He sat down next to me this morning, I looked at him and said, "Hi." and he said it right back. Really. No one believes me. They don't believe I saw a bear either, but I did. I see an insane cat lady in my future.

Ooh, I got a facial the other day. I had no idea what I've been missing out on all these years. It was pure heaven. I laid there ever so relaxed, and the lady put all this wonderful stuff on my skin. I don't know what it was because I kept dozing off. I would hear myself snore and then wake up a little, and then do it again. It was kind of embarrassing, but I was really just enjoying being pampered so elegantly. Afterwards, I felt beautiful, my skin was absolutely glowing. I didn't even have any make up on, and I looked great, and refreshed. I highly recommend experiencing this decadence. It was so good I started thinking about quitting college, and going to school to do facials, but then I thought people might think I am wishy washy (and I really am) and stop taking me seriously (nobody really takes me seriously anyway).

No, I will stick with my plan, although, I think I would like to do facials, I guess I could just do it for fun with my friends, and probably would be satisfied with that. It is just that they have so many neat gadgets and gizmos to make it that much better. It could be a plan B, I suppose. What am I saying? I'm too old for plan B's. I've got to get my stuff together, and stop waffling about all this stuff.

All right, enough random thoughts for one day. Take my advice: go and try this thing if you have never done it before. Good times.

I am going to take a cold shower and go to bed. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment