I should say.
I've been pretty reserved about politics lately, mostly because the subject can be draining, and the quarrels never ending. But I just have to say this, it has been on my mind, practically every day I hear on the news about this candidate has raised XXmillion dollars for their bid. We are just a working middle class family and this boggles my mind. In fact, it the whole thing borders on ridiculous.
Pick yer millionaire folks. What? It's nothing against millionaires at all, I just think what are the people who lose going to feel like after having blown 25 million on a campaign? I can't imagine spending that kind of money on such a thing. I'm not here to tell people how to spend their money, but oh wait, these people are going to be deciding on how they spend my money, perhaps I shouldn't try to be so kind about it.
Oh sure, I guess the losers aren't really losing their own money either now are they? Apparently it is all donated to these people. The draw of power brings out all kinds. I say one thing, I'm not giving a dang dollar to any of them, besides my itty bitty dollar doesn't mean a dang thing anyway, except when they are taking it out of my paycheck of course. I don't care what their platform is, after all it all changes once they get in office anyway.
While visiting my mother the other day she said, "Dad thinks Obama is going to be our next President." It sort of made me chuckle because she pronounces his name, Oh Bam Ma, like Alabama. I said, "Nothing would surprise me mom." I hate to say this now, but I knew the Dems were going to take the last election. I will vote against the Dems in the next one, but I don't think it will matter I'm sorry to say, and I hope I am wrong.
Nancy Pelosi makes my skin crawl. I can say that here. I was very put off by her little comment to the President about how there is a new congress in town. It made my stomach lurch.
As far as the bunch of Republicans we've got, there is no way I will vote for McCain. That is out of the question. Right now I'm leaning towards Guilliani despite some of his more liberal positions, I think he could be quite popular, especially with the fence sitters. As long as he doesn't prove to be an outright socialist commie he seems the best bet, I could be disappointed with him yet. I don't know much about this Romney fellow, and I will give him more consideration in the future. Critics worry that Guilliani is pro-choice and gay marriage, but at this point those are not deal breakers for me personally. I am more worried about the war and stomping out Islamic terrorism.
My husband and I share disgust at the congress trying to pull the funding out from under the troops. That has been very disappointing, but neither of us expected anything else from the Dems.
All this politicking makes my stomach hurt. I'll leave this to the experts. There are people much better at it than I. We will just keep on working and producing so those millionaire candidates have some money left to spend when they get into office.
My nightmare race? Hillary vs McCain. But I don't see McCain getting the nomination. Conservatives know he's weak as a conservative. LOL, my hubby thought McCain was a democrat. :-)
ReplyDeleteLol, that would be an easy mistake to make.
ReplyDelete