Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My My

Time, It Does Fly.

Oh gosh, I'm sorry I haven't posted much at all lately. I apologize to those who bothered to stop by here and see what kind of unimportant events are taking place, only to find that nothing is happening here at all. Which is as usual actually, but in this case, I'm not even talking about anything, even if I never talk about anything anyway. Goodness, does that make any sense at all?

Well, I'm here to tell you, I've got a handful of excuses for my willful neglect of this little site. First and foremost, the kiddo has had a serious and nasty bout of flu which required my constant bedside attention which included pushing fluids, monitoring temperatures, watching movies with her (Nanny McPhee is a cute movie) running up and down the stairs at her every whim, replenishing the cool wash cloth which she dramatically kept on her forehead while looking altogether pitiful, and crying out for mommy to make the discomfort go away. That lasted for 3 and a half days. She's all better now, and back to her usual antics.

My second excuse, hubby was home and I wanted to give him my undivided attention, except of course during the moments that I was playing nurse to the ailing 11 year old. He didn't necessarily want my undivided attention, I just wanted to pour it on him because I missed him while he was out in the patch braving the cold, and the wind. It mattered to me that I was available to sneak up and give him hugs and kisses whenever I felt the urge to do so, which he gladly received and returned in kind.

Third, I'm steadily working on striking a balance between school, work, the family, and the pets. I found that I could not handle the 3 classes I originally registered for, and so dropped one, and have felt a whole lot better. Balance is returning to my life again. That balance thing is really important to me at this point in my life. It may mean taking longer to finish school, but I think it will produce a better quality product in the end. I'm hoping at least.

Fourth, I told you I have a ton of excuses here, I've been taking care of me. I don't want to talk a lot about it, but I'm just trying to eat healthier. I'll leave it at that. None of this even accounts for my cat who sits on my book just to get on my nerves, well actually I think he does it for attention, which I give him constantly, but I can't seem to give him enough. Then there is the girl dog who sits on the chair next to me when I'm at the table trying to study. Who ever heard of a dog sitting at the kitchen table? It's ridiculous, but she insists. My life is out of control people. Just to give an example, my cat has sat on the keyboard and stared at me right in the eyes at least 3 times as I write this. He wants to crawl up on my shoulder and purr in my ear, but I can't type with his cat butt in my face like that. I just can't. He sits on a chair nearby now looking very annoyed.

Lastly, although I could go on indefinitely here, I've just been too busy to sit down on the computer. I did manage to get our taxes done, and we're getting a small portion of what we paid in back, but it is enough to pay off the couch and computer we purchased on credit, and leave a bit in savings which will inevitably be sucked out into the checking account when a bad month hits again. December and January were tough months financially. We had Christmas, tuition, the registration of 2 cars amounting to no less than $700, plus all of our other bills of course.

I realize responsible people plan for these events, and we did see them coming and tried to prepare, but we've been paying for other events like medical bills and so on. We did manage to cover everything without breaking the bank, but it has been a long time since our checking account balance has seen single digits. It got a little hairy there.

Whew. Now I've got to go do some homework. I hope to post more this week. Don't hold your breath though, I don't think I can take anymore pressure. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment