Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Dinner Date

With Hubby.

Lovely daughter is spending the night at the house of my friend since third grade. Handsome husband and I were all excited about a whole night alone. It has been a while since we've had time to just be together, alone. We decided to go out to eat, we went to Texas RoadHouse for a steak and some ribs.

The place was packed and noisy, but we didn't care, we were there together, just the two of us. We enjoyed our dinner. I love their ribs. Everything was great, except...now let me preface this by saying, I'm all for taking the kiddos out to eat, and I've always thought people who complained about kids in restaurants were just being snobs, but this kid kept screaming. Amid all the noise, the hustle and bustle, the table of 9 young adults, the music, the conversations, the clinking and clanking of plates and silverware, this kids high pitched squeal rang through the air, and everytime it did I would see the heads of other diners perk up and look around for the source of it.

I guess it was probably a young toddler, sounded like a frustrated 2 year old's scream. I'll tell you, everytime that kid screamed it was like nails on a chalk board to me. It was too much. My inclination was that the kid needed a trip to the bathroom, and a good talking to. It was just being a little stinker, and to be honest, I'm not a perfect parent, my kid can be as big of a spoiled brat as the rest of them, but I wouldn't have let her sit there screaming like that. Even if that meant getting a to go box. Just my opinion. I don't imagine the words, "Knock it off NOW!" are part of that kid's parents vocabulary from the sounds of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment