Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Snow

She Is Falling.

Supposed to get another big one. I see through the window the snow has started to fall. I suddenly feel an urge to rush out and stock up on food. I won't be alone in the store, I've noticed that before the storms come many people feel the same need to get out there and grab some groceries.

We've had a lot of snow this year so far which has been nice really. Usually before the big storm comes I call my mom and ask if she has everything she needs to weather the storm, I'm always amazed at the things she comes up with that she needs. She'll say stuff like, "Well, I need a couple books, some Dr. Pepper, and some Diet coke, and 7 lottos, cat food, and dog food, but you can only get those at certain places." Argh! "Mom, I mean stuff like bread, milk, meat, do you have all the food you need for the next couple of days?"

"Oh, yes, I just need those lottos." Argh! All right. Then she does it, the guilt trip thing, "Well, if you don't want to pick up that stuff, I'll just go out later and get it, if the snow is not too bad..." Argh! "No mom, I'll get the stuff for you..." And I do. That's my momma, and she's done a lot more for me all these years I just can't refuse her.

I just called her to see if she needs anything, "No, dad and I went out to the store yesterday, you can come by and have a ham or turkey sandwich if you want though." Isn't she the sweetest thing? She did mention she needed some letters mailed, but she's going to have my brother do that.

Well, I better get a move on. I've got a lot to do today. Back later when I decide to start avoiding responsibility again.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:05 PM

    hi, That Broad! No idea who you are, but thanks for linking to my blog! Are you that Gary Indiana Journalist type blogger? Email me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm just a broad. I found your site while clicking on other people's blog rolls one night. I liked it. I'm not even sure who's site I found yours off of. You know, follow a trail of links long enough and you forget where you started.

    ReplyDelete