Whew! Deep Cleansing Breath.
It was super slow at work today so I took the opportunity to get the heck out of Dodge and come home and catch up on the stuff that has been overwhelming me this week. I'm finally caught up on my studies, I can't believe I let myself get so far behind. I even washed the dishes! I felt an immediate sense of relief when I closed that chapter knowing I was done for a little while.
Last night the daughter and I laughed our fannies off at those pictures I posted of the doggies. She put the shirt on the little girl, and as usual she got started on something and things went from there. I did get a good deep belly laugh out of the thing, my abs haven't seen that much action in too long. At one point I laid there on the floor laughing, and you know what? My kid was laughing right along with me, and it was good. With all the busy stuff we haven't has as much time to just goof off together.
The dogs are none the worse for wear, although it might seem like it, they were not traumatized in the least. They ran off like it was nothing when we finally freed them from the human clothing, and then the fun was over with only pictures left to tell the story. I had to get back to reality when she started looking for cats to dress up. It felt like I was being a spoil sport, but it was going too far. My cats are not underwear wearing types.
It may be surmised from our pictures that we have no living room furniture, and that would be accurate. We do have a big OLD and tattered sectional couch downstairs, but we never really needed more than that when we were just renting. It is not really that big of a deal, we'll get something eventually after things equalize more from buying the house and stuff. I know a lot of people go out and buy all new furniture and stuff when they buy a house, but we've got cats, dogs, and a rough and tumble kid who is still pretty hard on stuff, so it is not a high priority right now. That's the polite way of saying, it is not in the budget at this particular time.
The kitchen is pretty much the heart of our home anyway, maybe that's why we don't really miss it all that much. Whenever people visit we always gravitate towards the kitchen table anyway, of course that could be because we don't have a couch in there, and the downstairs seems to most people this mysterious place that my husband runs off to after a certain amount of time has passed. He's down here playing his game on the computer, he's more introverted than I am.
People used to think he was mad or being unfriendly, now they just holler down the stairs a quick hello and get on with the visit. It took some assurances that no, he's not avoiding them, he's just not a big sit around the table and chick chat type. Anyway, he only has a certain amount of time when he gets home for his week off, and I would rather he spend it how he likes. We do a lot of bonding the first few days. He has even started going to the grocery store with me once in a while and running errands, that's highly unusual, but he has been.
When we first got married I used to try to drag him out shopping with me, it was horrible for both of us. He hates shopping, I hate shopping with him. That much we do agree on. We usually got in fights because he was annoyed with my stop and look, and I was annoyed with his lack of enthusiasm at all the pretty things. The man does not get the window shopping concept all right? It is just a dumb thing to do in his eyes.
Anyway, it is going to be a long haul this time, he'll be gone for 3 weeks, home for Thanksgiving, which of course I will be working on, because no one gets holidays off where I work. Thems the breaks. I work the holidays so I can have my job the rest of the year. I've accepted it. I'm not going to complain about it. At least he will be home.
My brother has been staying every night because I'm a big ole wuss, and can't sleep when my man isn't home. It has actually been fun. My brother was only about 15 years old when I got married, so we've done a lot of catching up in the last couple of years. We're like great friends, and both have a wicked sense of humor.
My posts are too long, meandering, and dare I say, pointless? Forgive my rambling, but thanks for listening. I am not a woman of few words apparently. I envy those who can write short entertaining snippets.
No comments:
Post a Comment