Trust Me.
I knew it was a nasty bugger when my daughter was sick with it. I was even worried that she might end up in the hospital with it because she has other health problems. The anti-biotics they prescribed her really helped knock the teeth out of the thing. After a day or so of them she was able to go back to school. She ended up missing 2 days of school, if last Monday hadn't of been a holiday, she would have missed 3 days total with this thing. She came down with it Sunday night, and didn't end up going to school until Thursday.
Today is my second day of work I will have missed because of this nasty bugger. There is just no way I could go and do my job like this, besides, other people don't want to be infected with my junk either. I stayed home. I need anti-biotics to whip this thing. So, either I wait until Monday and go to the doctor, or I find some sort of clinic thing like urgent care, which I'm not sure if our insurance will cover.
Vhat to do, vhat to do? My daughter got sick twice while my husband was transitioning into his new job, there was a 4 month wait for the insurance to kick in--that's 2 visits not covered by insurance, to include lab work. Last week I had to take her to the E.R. to get stitches because she busted open her eyebrow when she and the dog knocked their hard skulls together. I had no idea a dog's head was that hard. It was as if she had banged her head on a rock. We had insurance, but I don't know how much it will cover of an e.r. visit for stitches. It was a Sunday night, what was I going to do, let the thing heal funky? It was worth it to keep her from getting a really nasty scar on her face, even if the insurance doesn't pay for it. The Dr. took one look at the booboo and assured me that my daughter would thank me for bringing her in later.
Something we've never had was our health insurance require a $500/deductible, so I'm honestly not sure how that works, but I'm pretty sure that we are going to pay for that entire e.r. visit on our own, and it's going to count towards the deductible. I think. Not sure on that, I'm just waiting for the bills to start arriving. Who knows. If not then I'm sure that I'll be paying for the doctor visit for the chest cold, and the lab work they ordered this week.
Now it's Saturday, and I really need to find a doctor today, or something. I'm scheduled to work tommorrow and Monday, I already called in yesterday and today. Luckily my employer understands that we aren't in a profession that makes working sick an option. It's not like I can go in and just sniffle away at my desk full of papers, I don't work with papers. Papers don't care if I'm sick, people do however prefer not to be infected with the nasty upper respiratory infections of other people.
There the answer has come to me, self says, "just bite the bullet and pay whatever you have to pay for the doctor, who cares whether insurance covers it or not, cross that bridge when you get to it, for crying out loud, you REALLY ARE a worry wart."
All right, there it is. I know what I must do now.
I wonder how many worry warts ever come to the realization that that's what they are? Hmmm ... actually, probably most, wouldn't you say?
ReplyDeleteAndrew
To Love, Honor and Dismay
Yes. I spent a lot of time worrying that I was in fact a worry wart, but now that I have admitted I am, I worry less about that at least. :)
ReplyDeleteyou should not leave kids with pets alone . avoid unhealthy food . and ask ur kids to excersice i am sure you will not have such problems in future .Good luck
ReplyDeleteOk, let me say this as nice as possible, I have never let my dog babysit my child, I've never let my pets babysit my child.
ReplyDeleteI don't recall saying anywhere that I feed my child unhealthy food, in fact, I do sometimes let her eat unhealthy food, but she does not persist on a diet of completely unhealthy food.
My child gets plenty of exercise. In fact, she is a highly energetic child, at a healthy weight and height.
I think there is a language barrier here, so I'm going to let the insuations go at that.
Thanks.