Wednesday, June 21, 2006

One Month

Smoke Free.

I know you insurance spammers who actually leave comments are happy for me. Thanks. Thanks for letting me know I've got the best blog on the web. I'm sorry to say I pretty much despise insurance companies, but at least you visit. I find it rather hilarious actually that my most frequent commenter is an insurance spammer. You would think that I would not even bother, but I am a glutton for embarrassing and humiliating myself. Sure, I still read bloggers who have come to their senses and delinked me. I don't blame certain people for removing the link to my site, I did feel a bit hurt about it, but I'm way too sensitive about things anyway.

I thought it would be fun to write a blog, make friends with people, climb some imaginary ladder of success and be well thought of by people who share the same values, but I was wrong. My motives and my intentions were narcissitic, and ego driven. Writing was one of my favorite tasks in school. I'm not all great at it or anything, but like singing, I enjoy doing it even though I don't necessarily have an aptitude for it. It brings me joy. That's why I'm still putting stuff out there. Other people inspired me to do this, but I continue to do it for me, and I'm thrilled if someone else is moved by anything written here, but other than leaving a comment, I have no way of knowing at all if that is the case.

I know there are a precious few people out there who link to this site, and I'm honestly thankful and happy for them. I do read my handful of favorites whenever I sit down at the computer. I know I should comment more and let them know I do enjoy their efforts, but I do send them happy vibes no matter what.

Well. There it is. I'm a kook.

No comments:

Post a Comment