I Just Don't Care.
The question most in my mind as I sat down here at the computer was, should I blog or paint my toes? Both are equally amusing, and both are pretty much meaningless to most other people. I checked my favorite sites hoping to find something to muse over, lots of good stuff, just nothing being said that I felt an overwhelming desire to contribute to.
I thought to myself as I continued to contemplate the question, what's wrong with me? Have I gone soft? Don't I care enough about anything to write about something? What about illegal immigration? Or, Ward Churchill getting his butt handed to him by Hannity last night on Fox? Yet, nothing. And, I'll tell you why, I'll always tell you why, I've become a chicken turd.
Complete and total chicken turd that's me. I'm afraid to say what I really think, and I do think about these things. Now you may ask yourself, what kind of fool has a blog that is afraid to say anything on it? Me, that's who.
What if my employer got ahold of this blog? Am I willing to lose my job for my ideals? I work in corporate America, in a very PC environment. We're all wound tighter than corks around there, I can't share the types of views I hold at my work place. I can't say what I think at all, unless it is to agree with the ruling thought of the management team. That is, if I want to remain in any sort of good favor around there.
At my core, I know this is wrong. I know it is dangerous. That people can't say what they think without whispering amongst themselves seems a frightening condition to be in. Sure it's not China, or Saudi Arabia, or North Korea, we do still have the means to express our views, to say things that are unpopular, but the cost of such is rising. The risks becoming more significant. Perhaps I suffer from paranoia, and have perceived something that is not there.
In that case I should have just painted my toes. I've just wasted a good half hour of boob tube watching. Shut up and watch the tube. Let someone else tell you what to think.
I can't talk to my family about my views. They think George W Bush is the devil incarnate.
ReplyDelete