I Hate Poetry.
Well, that's not exactly true, I don't hate to READ poetry, I just hate hearing most other people read it OUT LOUD with the exception of my high school literature teacher who read quite nicely. It also helped that she was reading from a selection of great authors.
What is particularly annoying is angry poetry that is being screamed, or "rapped". People really abuse the pause, and that irks the crap out of me. They stop reading to allow the deep thoughts to sink in, never mind the fact that nothing being said is all that deep at all. Like whoa, let me pretend I'm moved here.
So, I wrote a poem about it:
What's that you say?
I'm angry and I'm sad
I've got nothing important to say
But I'm going to talk about it anyway
Life is hard and things are bad
I don't have everything I wish I had
The money I make all goes to taxes
So Congress can continue to feed their own fat asses
If that's not enough to make you mad
You can always look to childhood and blame dear old dad
He worked too hard and wasn't there
When he got home he fell asleep in his chair
Mom was no better she was always sad
At least you had a dad
I suffered a long line of losers
It wasn't my fault
Mom married a cad
Do these words depress you
That is my point indeed
Some poetry is just not easy to read
--end
No comments:
Post a Comment