It's Not 3:00 a.m.
If it was I could pretty much guarantee this would be good, but since it's not, well, you just get the usual bloviating and emotional upheaval that I serve up here. I must warn any who mistakenly venture onto this site expecting to find something important happening, nothing important happens here--ever. In fact, to this date I have broken at least 27 of the cardinal rules of blogging, those standards set forth by the biggest, and most influential bloggers out there. The number one rule being--don't blog about blogging--for to do so shows one and all that you have nothing important to say, and you basically suck.
That being said, I have reached the point that I will offer free Starbucks frappuccinos to my niece per hour that she willingly fixes this hole in the wall up. I want to at least look like I've got something important to say. Until then more mediocrity is to follow.
Yes, I did buy a $98.00 purse, but it was on sale and I only actually paid about 25 bucks for it, I want to follow the same principle on this blog here. Make it look good, even if it is cheap.
The truth is, since November of 2005 my life has been a mess. We moved in November, you would know that if I hadn't deleted that information. By some law of physics I suppose somewhere in the universe another set of life forms have received that electronic transmission, and are scratching their scaly heads in wonderment. Who knows? I guess it could happen.
Oh yes, so we moved. Since then things have been a bit tough. I can't actually even talk about it. It's too emotional. We're in a major transistion right now. Another one? So soon? Yes. Another one. I can't help it, sometimes these things just happen. This is one of those times. Although all the warning signs were there, we really did not anticipate that daddy in law would really break up with the wonderful woman he was living with, we did not expect that he would want his house back. Lord knows it was so much easier for my husband, myself, our daughter, our dog, and our 3 cats to up and move then it would have been for daddy in law, of course. Especially given the amount of notice we had.
I don't blame the man for wanting his house and all, even if we were paying his house payment plus per month. He needs that 3 bedroom 2 bath tri-level house with the huge yard all to himself. Our mistake was thinking he was stable to begin with and even going there. I wish we had never moved there. Anyway, at the time, we did not think this would happen, but we ignored the warning signs. We were there when it was convenient for him to have us there, then we got the boot.
At the time I had only been in my job just over 6 months, and we were starting to make a financial recovery, but were not there yet. Yes, I'm bitching. I never promised a rose garden here. I love that song by the way.
But that's the least of our problems. We moved. It was hard. We did it though. We were completely and totally broke. We've made some mistakes along the way in life, but we've always been on our own feet. It wasn't so easy this time.
Since we moved we've been scraping along, and getting by with the help of our family. Not in the form of monetary donations, but as in mom and dad let us move in with them for a little while. I'm so embarrassed to admit that. Yeah, I'm blogging from my parents basement, oh shut up. They opened their 6 bedroom, 3 bath bi-level's doors to us. Even as big as this house is, we're all cramped. It's been a sort of hell. Don't get me wrong, we're not ingrateful. We're very thankful my parents were willing to help us out, but my husband and I have been living with this sort of shame about the situation.
We have actually tried to hide the fact from people in our lives. Only a few people at work even know about the situation, and I've sworn them to secrecy. I know I shouldn't care, but I'm embarrassed. My parents are such fine people, they don't need my family here taking up space. They have assured me that everything is all right with them, they just want us to get on our feet. Dad always says, "I can't leave you kids a bunch of money, but if I can give you some space and buy you some time, I'm happy to do it."
Before you go on judging, let me tell you what we have done. My husband and I realized that we could not even afford to get into our own place. Being the sort of man he is, my husband took the bull by the horns and scooped up an opportunity to place us in a better financial position in life. That's what he's doing right now. He's in Wyoming working his balls off in whatever weather happens to be that day. He'll be home tomorrow, I can't wait for that.
I am holding down the fort here with my job, which is a good job. We're trying to make something happen for us. We're putting our best foot forward, and doing whatever we can to survive. Yeah, we live with my parents, but we won't always be here very soon we will be in our own place again. We'll all breathe a sigh of relief when that day comes.
I have been an emotional basketcase lately, and this is why. Sometimes I just want to go and get an apartment, but we'd have to give up our pets, and that would be hard. My parents are animal lovers too, and they would not want us to do that. It's going to be hard to take Mr. Connor back now, my dad has got pretty attached to him. I never even see the cat anymore, he's always sitting on my dad's lap.
Over the years when I was growing up I remember my parents opening their home to people in need. This time, it was us. When I grow up I want to be just like them. They are the most generous people I know.
There, I've confessed. Now you know what the bug has been.
No comments:
Post a Comment